Skip to main content

100 Day Creativity Challenge (Days 8-14)



Hey Guys,

I'm back- and trying to be even more creative than ever. I love hand lettering, and obviously it is what I think I am good at. But I am determined to be more "creative" in my creativity choices.

So, for Day 8 I chose to learn to crochet. Sounds easier said than done, right? Well, you are correct. I was quite terrible. I first started with the chain, pretty easy. A little awkward at first, but then relatively easy. Then I had to move to the next level, that's when it got a little sloppy. But then I ended going up another 4 levels and it got better and better each time. Now I just need to learn something other than a single or double stitch.... What do you think of my #DAY8 ?





Alright, moving on to Day 9. I thought I would mix my creativity up a little and make some delicious dessert. When it comes to desserts I usually stick with cookies, brownies, and ice cream. That's usually where I stay, and I enjoy it there- don't get me wrong. But to be creative, I needed to do something I've never done before... Something I've never even thought of doing before. That's when I was scrolling through Pinterest and saw it. CREME BRULEE! Literally the best dessert out of all the desserts. I used a recipe that didn't require a torch (it broiled instead). Didn't work out 100% how it should have, but still very delicious. Also, something I learned while researching recipes is that Creme Brulee literally means burnt cream. How appetizing does that sound? The French really know how to swindle us. Anyway, I'll stop typing so you can look upon deliciousness. #DAY9






Moving on to Day 10, I know you are all so impressed with how long I've lasted. One tenth of the way there!!! So Many MILESTONES! Anywho, today was the Saturday before Halloween, and I threw a little get together with friends. My good friend and I decided to go all out on the Halloween theme.... even though only a couple friends were hanging out. We had fun, and that's all that matters. So without further ado, here's our puking pumpkin, chalkboard fun, and me as a tree. 
(Side Note- I just realized #immatree looks a lot like #immature..... which I woke up my husband in the middle of the night to tell him). I'm weird, but he loves me. #Day10




Day 11, really getting up there with the days #dontactlikeyourenotimpressed. Anyway, today I was super lame, and to be honest slightly *tired* from the party the night before. So, I chose to post this Harry Potter Pumpkin. Which I am not proud of, but it was carved out by my husband... so that makes it special, right? Let's go with that. Here it is, HP you Hockey Puck #insidejoke #slantedtomakethecirclesseemeven #DAY11


And now, Day 12. I decided to go back to food a little bit. I made homemade egg noodles check out the recipe here. (Literally so easy, and fun to make with kids!!) I remember making and cutting homemade noodles with my Grandma growing up, it was always my favorite thing about visiting! These noodles are not my grandma's recipe (hers takes a little more time, but still fun) I chose the easy route, but these are so delicious! Plus it has mushrooms in it which my husband said, and I quote "Adds a lot". Anyway, this was one of my first times making a large meal without a recipe. I was so proud of myself and declare it as creative. #Day12



Moving on, it is now Day 13 and it's HALLOWEEN! So, what better way to show creativity than with fancy costume makeup and a sign to wish you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! #DAY13






Alright, last day for this post. It is Day 14 and I wanted to go on another hike. I have been trying to take better pictures lately. I have been researching techniques, lighting, etc. Hopefully it is helping a little. Plus, I am asking for a camera for Christmas. My husband has heavily hinted at getting it for me. We will see! Anyway, I came across this random lake in Louisville, CO. It was beautiful. A very easy hike and kind of infested with geese (AHHHHHH!! almost turned around #notabirdperson), but the water was the most amazing color, and the beautiful mountains in the background always take my breath away. #praisejesus Check out my #DAY14





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chili Verde

Pork Chili Verde This is so good with leftover pulled pork like the Kalua Pig Recipe here  or any pulled pork recipe you have should work. But the Kalua Pig Recipe is the best pork in the world.... #fightme Let's get started because it takes an hour to cook!  Serves: 8 Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 4 Cups of cooked Pulled Pork 2 Cups Salsa Verde 4 (15 oz) Cans of White Beans 8 Cups Chicken Stock (I used bone broth) 2 teaspoons Cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder Salt Optional: Garnish with green onions and cilantro Feel free to adjust this recipe based on how much pork you want to use. DIRECTIONS: 1. In a large stockpot add the oil, onion, and salt. (Cook until the onions are translucent) 2. Throw in the pork and cook about 5 minutes. 3. Add the salsa verde to the pot and simmer. 4. Rinse the white beans and add them to the pot.  5. Add th...

Whole 30 Gumbo

Ya'll, I need to go to New Orleans right now. If this is healthy gumbo, Oh my goodness!!! I would be in heaven. Anyway, I found this Whole30 recipe of gumbo, I was skeptical, but it was amazing!!!! PLEASE TRY!!!! I think I needed to let it simmer a little extra, there was more liquid than I was expecting. Anyway, without further ado, here's how you make the easiest and most delicious weeknight or group party meal ever.  Serves: 4 Time: 45 minutes- 1 hour (depends on how fast you cut vegetables) INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Ghee (if you're cool like that) 12 oz Andouille Sausage (hard to find compliant, read your labels) slice into 1/2 inch thick coins 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced) 2 Ribs of Celery (diced) 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 2 Tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning (Can adjust if you don't like the spiciness) 1 (14.5 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes (drained) 2/3 Cup of Chicken Stock ( I used bone broth- tasted delicious, but might be be...

hello world

Hello world. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Liz I am 25 years old Originally from St. Charles, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) Have lived in Boulder, CO since August 2015 Got married to the love of my life November 2015 I am the youngest of six siblings Love everything about food, cooking, EVERYTHING A self taught hand letterer Lover of Jesus Christ Inquisitive crafter Bananas in pajamas enthusiast A passion for the mountains and all natural beauty Makes a lot of lists Anyway, now you kinda know me. You're right, not really at all. But read a couple more posts and you will see what I do from day to day, what I'm passionate about, and how to do random crafts everyone wants to learn. I know you will love what all I have to share. I will have a section that will give tutorials and recommendations on hand lettering for anyone curious about the craft. I am self taught for a couple years now, and it is what makes me passionate in life. I love lette...