Skip to main content

100 Day Creativity Challenge (Days 71-77)

I'm gonna go really fast, so hold onto your hats!

#DAY71, my family and I went to the St. Louis Botanical Gardens for their Garden Glow event. It was so fun, cold, but beautiful!



Then #DAY72 I had a girls day with my sister and mom. It was super fun, and it reminded me how much I love them!!! This is done using my dad's old Boeing notebook.... creative, I know.



#DAY73 I found a cute little heart tree on Pinterest! Maybe I'll use this for next year's Christmas card!!



Now for #DAY74 it was New Years Eve and my friend asked me to make a recycle sign for his laundry shoot that he macgyvered.



Then #DAY75 it was New Year's Day and as always, my mom made Hoppin john! Supposedly it is good luck to eat black eyed peas on January 1st. It Was So Yummy!




#Day76 was the day we drove back to Colorado. I know.... I am so creative.



And finally, #DAY77 my husband and I started Whole30 (blog to come). I had sweet potato toast with chicken avocado salad for lunch (Recipe), some tea, and we had chicken and veggie soup for dinner. Can't wait for the tiger blood to hit me.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chili Verde

Pork Chili Verde This is so good with leftover pulled pork like the Kalua Pig Recipe here  or any pulled pork recipe you have should work. But the Kalua Pig Recipe is the best pork in the world.... #fightme Let's get started because it takes an hour to cook!  Serves: 8 Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 4 Cups of cooked Pulled Pork 2 Cups Salsa Verde 4 (15 oz) Cans of White Beans 8 Cups Chicken Stock (I used bone broth) 2 teaspoons Cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder Salt Optional: Garnish with green onions and cilantro Feel free to adjust this recipe based on how much pork you want to use. DIRECTIONS: 1. In a large stockpot add the oil, onion, and salt. (Cook until the onions are translucent) 2. Throw in the pork and cook about 5 minutes. 3. Add the salsa verde to the pot and simmer. 4. Rinse the white beans and add them to the pot.  5. Add th...

hello world

Hello world. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Liz I am 25 years old Originally from St. Charles, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) Have lived in Boulder, CO since August 2015 Got married to the love of my life November 2015 I am the youngest of six siblings Love everything about food, cooking, EVERYTHING A self taught hand letterer Lover of Jesus Christ Inquisitive crafter Bananas in pajamas enthusiast A passion for the mountains and all natural beauty Makes a lot of lists Anyway, now you kinda know me. You're right, not really at all. But read a couple more posts and you will see what I do from day to day, what I'm passionate about, and how to do random crafts everyone wants to learn. I know you will love what all I have to share. I will have a section that will give tutorials and recommendations on hand lettering for anyone curious about the craft. I am self taught for a couple years now, and it is what makes me passionate in life. I love lette...

100 Day Creativity Challenge (Days 8-14)

Hey Guys, I'm back- and trying to be even more creative than ever. I love hand lettering, and obviously it is what I think I am good at. But I am determined to be more "creative" in my creativity choices. So, for Day 8 I chose to learn to crochet. Sounds easier said than done, right? Well, you are correct. I was quite terrible. I first started with the chain, pretty easy. A little awkward at first, but then relatively easy. Then I had to move to the next level, that's when it got a little sloppy. But then I ended going up another 4 levels and it got better and better each time. Now I just need to learn something other than a single or double stitch.... What do you think of my #DAY8 ? Alright, moving on to Day 9. I thought I would mix my creativity up a little and make some delicious dessert. When it comes to desserts I usually stick with cookies, brownies, and ice cream. That's usually where I stay, and I enjoy it there- don't get me w...