Skip to main content

My Secret Recipe Book (Homemade Noodles)



Here's another recipe for you!

Homemade egg noodles. Simple, but delicious. No cooling overnight or anything fancy. I've made these a couple times now, and they always steal the show. I need to remember they would be perfect with just some chicken broth, chicken, and veggies. I always go a little fancy, and don't get me wrong- it's delicious. But makes me tired and full for the rest of the night. So, keep it simple and check out the recipe below. 

Homemade Egg Noodles

Serves: 6

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups Flour
4 Eggs (beaten)
1/2 tsp salt

6 cups chicken broth (for cooking the noodles in)


DIRECTIONS:

Beat eggs, add the salt and flour.
Stir with a fork until combined. 
Roll out on a floured surface (keep flour handy during this part).
With a pizza cutter, cut the rolled out dough into this noodles (whatever size you choose).
Place the noodles in the boiling broth, and simmer for 20 minutes. 

Boiling the noodles in the broth gives them that extra delicious flavor! Hope you enjoy! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chili Verde

Pork Chili Verde This is so good with leftover pulled pork like the Kalua Pig Recipe here  or any pulled pork recipe you have should work. But the Kalua Pig Recipe is the best pork in the world.... #fightme Let's get started because it takes an hour to cook!  Serves: 8 Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 4 Cups of cooked Pulled Pork 2 Cups Salsa Verde 4 (15 oz) Cans of White Beans 8 Cups Chicken Stock (I used bone broth) 2 teaspoons Cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder Salt Optional: Garnish with green onions and cilantro Feel free to adjust this recipe based on how much pork you want to use. DIRECTIONS: 1. In a large stockpot add the oil, onion, and salt. (Cook until the onions are translucent) 2. Throw in the pork and cook about 5 minutes. 3. Add the salsa verde to the pot and simmer. 4. Rinse the white beans and add them to the pot.  5. Add th...

Whole 30 Gumbo

Ya'll, I need to go to New Orleans right now. If this is healthy gumbo, Oh my goodness!!! I would be in heaven. Anyway, I found this Whole30 recipe of gumbo, I was skeptical, but it was amazing!!!! PLEASE TRY!!!! I think I needed to let it simmer a little extra, there was more liquid than I was expecting. Anyway, without further ado, here's how you make the easiest and most delicious weeknight or group party meal ever.  Serves: 4 Time: 45 minutes- 1 hour (depends on how fast you cut vegetables) INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Ghee (if you're cool like that) 12 oz Andouille Sausage (hard to find compliant, read your labels) slice into 1/2 inch thick coins 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced) 2 Ribs of Celery (diced) 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 2 Tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning (Can adjust if you don't like the spiciness) 1 (14.5 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes (drained) 2/3 Cup of Chicken Stock ( I used bone broth- tasted delicious, but might be be...

hello world

Hello world. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Liz I am 25 years old Originally from St. Charles, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) Have lived in Boulder, CO since August 2015 Got married to the love of my life November 2015 I am the youngest of six siblings Love everything about food, cooking, EVERYTHING A self taught hand letterer Lover of Jesus Christ Inquisitive crafter Bananas in pajamas enthusiast A passion for the mountains and all natural beauty Makes a lot of lists Anyway, now you kinda know me. You're right, not really at all. But read a couple more posts and you will see what I do from day to day, what I'm passionate about, and how to do random crafts everyone wants to learn. I know you will love what all I have to share. I will have a section that will give tutorials and recommendations on hand lettering for anyone curious about the craft. I am self taught for a couple years now, and it is what makes me passionate in life. I love lette...