Skip to main content

100 Day Creativity Challenge (Days 1-7)


Hello!

So, this week has been kinda crazy. I just quit my job yesterday, and I need something to motivate me. Also, I really want to start blogging and making art more of a priority. So, maybe the mistreatment of my job has a plus side? Maybe. Anyway, I am going to go full force into everything that I love! So, let's begin.

I started a 100 day creativity challenge. I know 100 days. That seems like a lot. But the more I think about it the more it makes me think that I haven't done anything for 100 days. I mean apart from things I HAVE to do. But think about it- after 30 days they say you have created a habit. So, after 100 days it'll just be a part of my life I don't think about. It'll become a passion- even more than it already is. I am excited to see if I improve on anything and how many different things I'll try. Will you join me in this challenge?? If I stick with this and LOVE it maybe I'll try other things... like 100 days of working out or eating healthy.... or no drinking. We will see.

Anyway, For day one I posted one of my sketches from a couple weeks ago, but I thought it started off the challenge well. It is one of my favorites because I don't usually use color. I know, I'm lame. I'm usually a strictly black and white kind of girl, but after looking at other people's handwriting all over the internet I decided to break away from my black sharpie and tried a new shadowing technique. I also am in love with the swirly twirly cursive and have been trying to get better and better at it each day! Here is my #DAY1



For day two...... So, this was the day I quit my job. I felt a little weird all day so I used another older sketch. Not too old though. It is one of my favorite quotes, and it is a part of my bullet journal. Which if you are interested in starting check out my bullet journal blog post. This is a quote from none other than Tyrion Lannister, my favorite from Game of Thrones! Best show EVER! Without further ado here is my #DAY2 



For Day three I woke up with a mission. I wanted to not just sleep all day and do nothing (even though it's Saturday and my husband slept until noon.... #judgement). So, I decided to make some chalkboard signs. I have chalked before, but I am usually a marker type of person. So, it was fun to look up tips and make something different, but very very similar. Don't worry I will be doing more than hand lettering in my 100 days. Hopefully I am more creative than that. We will see. Anyway, so I started with the "wine and cheese" board, because I am going to a wine and cheese party later this afternoon (I know, I'm so classy... ) Then I had this bigger piece of slate and wanted to write something funny. I also was going to cook food for my creative thing today, so I decided to make a quote about cooking. Anyway, this is one of those quotes I came across and just laughed out loud in a room by myself for hours. It happens. Here's my #DAY3






Day 4 was a very busy day.... so, this was a late night doodle, but doesn't take away from how excited for fall I am!!! The leaves here are beautiful, it takes my breath away every time I walk outside. Also, I was sketching this with some friends over and they said "but what if I want a SAD FALL?" so I had to make both... obviously. Anyway, here is my creation for the day which will you choose for yourself? A happy or a sad fall? Check it out #DAY4





Now I move on to Day 5. I feel like I've been doing this for a long time. 5 days.... really shows my dedication to anything. But for real, 100 days is going to be FOREVER!!! But totally worth it. I attempted to start crocheting today, but epically failed. So, I went on a hike to feel better. And boy did it. How did I live my whole life away from mountains??? I really don't understand. Anyway, this is how I feel everyday living here in Colorado. Here is my #DAY5 (Also, bonus picture of my attempt at drawing a picture I took on my hike....)







Alright, so for day 6 I decided to finally promote my blog. It's nerve racking, people. Letting people in on something you're passionate about is the weirdest thing ever. Like letting everyone stare at you in your underwear, but worse. Anywho, I thought I should make a picture to start off my blog. Before the "Lizadoodle" sign it was just a generic picture of a piece of wood. Pretty, but it took up a lot of space to just be wood, you know? Anyway, the reason my blog's name is "Lizadoodle" is because (well, first of all) any combination of "Liz..." was taken. Curse having one of the most common names in the world!!! So, I landed on Lizadoodle, because it was a nickname my college roommate and I had for each other (Lizadoodle and Abbadoodle). And it's unique enough that no one else has it. So, there you go! So, without further ado, I present my #DAY6



Okay, this is the last post for this blog entry. Day 7! I made it a whole week, guys. BE PROUD!!! This is kind of a double entry creativity post, but I conquered Mount Sanitas! If you are thinking to yourself, what the heck is she talking about, go read about it in my other blog here. This hike was long, and I still haven't mastered it in my breaks per step or the time it took me to finish. BUT, I finished and that was my first goal. So, here are some creative photos I took on my hike (trying to learn photography.... I'm a beginner, be nice) #DAY7







Check out my next blog starting at Day 8!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chili Verde

Pork Chili Verde This is so good with leftover pulled pork like the Kalua Pig Recipe here  or any pulled pork recipe you have should work. But the Kalua Pig Recipe is the best pork in the world.... #fightme Let's get started because it takes an hour to cook!  Serves: 8 Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 4 Cups of cooked Pulled Pork 2 Cups Salsa Verde 4 (15 oz) Cans of White Beans 8 Cups Chicken Stock (I used bone broth) 2 teaspoons Cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder Salt Optional: Garnish with green onions and cilantro Feel free to adjust this recipe based on how much pork you want to use. DIRECTIONS: 1. In a large stockpot add the oil, onion, and salt. (Cook until the onions are translucent) 2. Throw in the pork and cook about 5 minutes. 3. Add the salsa verde to the pot and simmer. 4. Rinse the white beans and add them to the pot.  5. Add th...

Whole 30 Gumbo

Ya'll, I need to go to New Orleans right now. If this is healthy gumbo, Oh my goodness!!! I would be in heaven. Anyway, I found this Whole30 recipe of gumbo, I was skeptical, but it was amazing!!!! PLEASE TRY!!!! I think I needed to let it simmer a little extra, there was more liquid than I was expecting. Anyway, without further ado, here's how you make the easiest and most delicious weeknight or group party meal ever.  Serves: 4 Time: 45 minutes- 1 hour (depends on how fast you cut vegetables) INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Ghee (if you're cool like that) 12 oz Andouille Sausage (hard to find compliant, read your labels) slice into 1/2 inch thick coins 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced) 2 Ribs of Celery (diced) 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 2 Tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning (Can adjust if you don't like the spiciness) 1 (14.5 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes (drained) 2/3 Cup of Chicken Stock ( I used bone broth- tasted delicious, but might be be...

hello world

Hello world. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Liz I am 25 years old Originally from St. Charles, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) Have lived in Boulder, CO since August 2015 Got married to the love of my life November 2015 I am the youngest of six siblings Love everything about food, cooking, EVERYTHING A self taught hand letterer Lover of Jesus Christ Inquisitive crafter Bananas in pajamas enthusiast A passion for the mountains and all natural beauty Makes a lot of lists Anyway, now you kinda know me. You're right, not really at all. But read a couple more posts and you will see what I do from day to day, what I'm passionate about, and how to do random crafts everyone wants to learn. I know you will love what all I have to share. I will have a section that will give tutorials and recommendations on hand lettering for anyone curious about the craft. I am self taught for a couple years now, and it is what makes me passionate in life. I love lette...