Skip to main content

My secret recipe book (Taco Soup)

Hey yall!

I would love to let you in on my tried and true recipes.

I know how hard it is to make something special for someone. And you go on pinterest or wherever and you think to yourself, "Wow, this meal looks amazing!!!!" But it has way too many ingredients or it might not turn out the way the person describes. How do you know? maybe they are just really skilled food photographers, or have terrible taste in food (the people I hate the most in this world).

I have a lot of friends who come to me when they are throwing a party, making a romantic meal for their boyfriend/husband, or even just new ideas to spice up your weekly menu. Some of these people claim they are TERRIBLE cooks. Like the kind that has burnt boiling water before. Which I will never understand to this day. Anyway, they can follow and accomplish these recipes and so do you.

I will admit, I did not come up with all of these recipes. I have gathered them over the years from Pinterest, friends, my mom (the BEST cook in the world), and random places here and there. I am just compiling a few of my favorites for you, because I have made them OVER and OVER. So you know they are good and easy to make.

Anyway, let's get started. I am going to begin with one of my mom's recipes. I make this all the time and my husband LOVES it!

Taco Soup:

I love this recipe I have because it's a text message from my mom. How precious. And because can goods are so cheap, but this is the most delicious and easiest weeknight meal (or group event meal) ever.


1 pound hamburger (or I like to use turkey if I am feeling healthy)
1 chopped onion (brown and drain both)
1 package of ranch dressing mix
1 package of taco mix
1 can rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chili beans
1 can ranch style beans
1 can golden hominy
1 can water

Brown and drain the meat and onions and add all the ingredients to a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for at least 30 minutes. 
Serve with tostito chips, cheese, and sour cream. YUMMMM!



More recipes are coming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Chili Verde

Pork Chili Verde This is so good with leftover pulled pork like the Kalua Pig Recipe here  or any pulled pork recipe you have should work. But the Kalua Pig Recipe is the best pork in the world.... #fightme Let's get started because it takes an hour to cook!  Serves: 8 Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 4 Cups of cooked Pulled Pork 2 Cups Salsa Verde 4 (15 oz) Cans of White Beans 8 Cups Chicken Stock (I used bone broth) 2 teaspoons Cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder Salt Optional: Garnish with green onions and cilantro Feel free to adjust this recipe based on how much pork you want to use. DIRECTIONS: 1. In a large stockpot add the oil, onion, and salt. (Cook until the onions are translucent) 2. Throw in the pork and cook about 5 minutes. 3. Add the salsa verde to the pot and simmer. 4. Rinse the white beans and add them to the pot.  5. Add th...

Whole 30 Gumbo

Ya'll, I need to go to New Orleans right now. If this is healthy gumbo, Oh my goodness!!! I would be in heaven. Anyway, I found this Whole30 recipe of gumbo, I was skeptical, but it was amazing!!!! PLEASE TRY!!!! I think I needed to let it simmer a little extra, there was more liquid than I was expecting. Anyway, without further ado, here's how you make the easiest and most delicious weeknight or group party meal ever.  Serves: 4 Time: 45 minutes- 1 hour (depends on how fast you cut vegetables) INGREDIENTS: 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Ghee (if you're cool like that) 12 oz Andouille Sausage (hard to find compliant, read your labels) slice into 1/2 inch thick coins 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced) 2 Ribs of Celery (diced) 1 Yellow Onion (diced) 2 Tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning (Can adjust if you don't like the spiciness) 1 (14.5 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes (drained) 2/3 Cup of Chicken Stock ( I used bone broth- tasted delicious, but might be be...

hello world

Hello world. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Liz I am 25 years old Originally from St. Charles, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) Have lived in Boulder, CO since August 2015 Got married to the love of my life November 2015 I am the youngest of six siblings Love everything about food, cooking, EVERYTHING A self taught hand letterer Lover of Jesus Christ Inquisitive crafter Bananas in pajamas enthusiast A passion for the mountains and all natural beauty Makes a lot of lists Anyway, now you kinda know me. You're right, not really at all. But read a couple more posts and you will see what I do from day to day, what I'm passionate about, and how to do random crafts everyone wants to learn. I know you will love what all I have to share. I will have a section that will give tutorials and recommendations on hand lettering for anyone curious about the craft. I am self taught for a couple years now, and it is what makes me passionate in life. I love lette...